Be Water has a strong commitment towards the environment, the future and the next generations. Protecting the environment while contributing to the preservation of natural resources and biodiversity is a priority.
The following focus areas demonstrate our commitment towards the environment
- Sustainable management of the water cycle
- Protection and monitoring of water resources;
- Water loss reduction in water distribution systems;
- Continuous improvement in the performance ofwater and wastewater treatment plants;
- Development of alternative water sources – reuse of treated wastewater.
- Biodiversity protection
- Plant management according to local ecosystems and environmental impact risk identification;
- Sensitive area identification
- Preservation and renovation of natural habitats and ecosystems.
- Fight against climate change / energy consumption reduction
- Treatment process and energy use optimization;
- Energy certification for buildings owned by Be Water;
- Renewable source energy production (sludge, cogeneration);
- Improvement in work travels – operation circuits streamline;
- Calculation and follow-up of its carbon footprint.